Get Ready: Exam 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
I recently passed the 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions exam, and I want to share with you tips about the exam and the resources I used to study:
Should you take the exam?
If you are a Solutions or Software Architect looking to validate your Microsoft Azure skills then this exam is for you. Also note that Microsoft expects you to:
- Know the features and capabilities of Azure services to be able to design cloud solutions.
- Be able to define the appropriate infrastructure and platform solutions to meet the required functional, operational and deployment requirements through the solution life cycle.
- Design Microsoft Azure infrastructure and networking (15-20%)
- Secure resources (15-20%)
- Design an application storage and data access strategy (15-20%)
- Design an advanced application (15-20%)
- Design websites (15-20%)
- Design a management, monitoring, and business continuity strategy (15-20%)
- Exam Ref 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions as all Exam Ref books it’s an important resource for studying but it’s not a complete Training Guide so reading and practicing with other resources is important.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials: Fundamentals of Azure a book you can find in the Microsoft Virtual Academy along with many other free e-books
The Microsoft Virtual Academy is a place filled with great training material and best of all it’s free! Here is the list of courses I completed before the exam:
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Get Started with Windows Azure Today Jump Start
- The Microsoft Hybrid Cloud: Best Practices Guidance
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Deep Dive Jump Start
- Establish Microsoft Azure IaaS Technical Fundamentals
Just like for any certification exam, studying with practice tests is key to success.
- MesureUp 70-534 Practice Test: contains 150 questions and I really like the new online format!
Be sure to get some hands on experience!
- For instance I can tell you that I’m not a great Powershell fan so I had to open the console and start playing and trying the commands in order to learn and understand them.
- Coming from the Dev side of the world I really took time to play with Virtual Networks, ACL‘s and NSG‘s
Hope it helps!