Get Ready: Exam 70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Yesterday I cleared the **70-532 Develping Microsoft Azure Solutions **exam, and I want to share with you tips about the exam and the resources I used to study:
Should you take the exam?
If you are a Developer or Software Architect looking to validate your Microsoft Azure skills then this exam is for you. Also note that Microsoft expects you to:
- Be proficient with Azure development tools and techniques.
- Have experience developing scalable and resilient solutions with Azure.
- Design and implement websites (15-20%)
- Create and manage virtual machines (20-25%)
- Design and implement cloud services (20-25%)
- Design and implement a storage strategy (20-25%)
- Manage application and network services (15-20%)
- Exam Ref 70-532 Develping Microsoft Azure Solutions as all Exam Ref books it’s an important resource for studying but it’s not a complete Training Guide so reading and practicing with other resources is important.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials: Fundamentals of Azure and Microsoft Azure Essentials Azure Web Apps for Developers, both great introductory books that you can find in the Microsoft Virtual Academy along with many other free e-books
The Microsoft Virtual Academy is a place filled with great training material and best of all it’s free! Here is the list of courses I completed before the exam:
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: WebSites
Just like for any certification exam, studying with practice tests is key to success.
- MesureUp 70-532 Practice Test: contains 152 questions.
Be sure to get some hands on experience!
- Learn those PowerShell commands and don’t forget that Azure CLI does exists.
- Developing AzureBus was key to understand and master Azure Service Bus Topics, Queues and Subscriptions concepts.
- I also created my own storage samples to get experience with Shared Access Signatures (SAS) and custom policies.
Hope it helps!