Get Ready: Exam 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
This week I cleared the 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions exam, and I want to share with you tips about the exam and the resources I used to study:
Should you take the exam?
If you are an Infrastructure Geek, Developer or Software Architect looking to validate your Microsoft Azure skills then this exam is for you. Also note that Microsoft expects you to:
- Have experience implementing and monitoring cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Have experience supporting application lifecycle management.
- Implement WebApps (15-20%)
- Implement virtual machines (15-20%)
- Implement cloud services (15-20%)
- Implement storage (15-20%)
- Implement an Azure Active Directory (15-20%)
- Implement virtual networks(15-20%)
- Exam Ref 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions the book is out of date and does not cover important things such as the new ARM model, but it's still an important resource for studying. Be sure to read and practice with other resources.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials: Fundamentals of Azure and Microsoft Azure Essentials Azure Web Apps for Developers, both great introductory books that you can find in the Microsoft Virtual Academy along with many other free e-books
The Microsoft Virtual Academy is a place filled with great training material and best of all it's free! Here is the list of courses I completed before the exam:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Deep Dive Jump Start
- The Microsoft Hybrid Cloud: Best Practices Guidance
Just like for any certification exam, studying with practice tests is key to success.
- MesureUp 70-533 Practice Test: contains 178 questions.
Be sure to have hands on experience!
- Learn those Powershell commands and don't forget that Azure CLI does exists.
- Experience with VNETs, Virtual Machines, ARM templates and Site to Site VPNs was key for my success
Hope it helps!